About Go East (GE)
You(th) are the future. With the rapid changes in China and the world, it is essential for the younger generation to have a global perspective. While we look to the West, we should also have a balanced view by looking to the East, to find the bridge between the two worlds.
The Go East (GE) division (东游记), which literally means “A Journey to the East” in Chinese, is established under Business China to drive this purpose. We develop and execute programmes to nurture a group of Singapore-China savvy talents, by building a unique platform for our youths to enhance their bilingual skills, understand the latest development and trends in China, and develop deeper links between Singapore and China, and beyond. This role will allow you to directly participate in fostering stronger bilingual, bicultural and international mindset and skills amongst our youths.
We work closely with partners including Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), organisations and passionate individuals who share the same objectives of creating opportunities for our youths.
Embark on the Journey to the East with us today, Business China’s Go East team awaits you!
1. Assistant Manager/Manager, Go East
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the development of strategies and approaches to cultivate and nurture a pool of bilingual and bicultural, China-savvy and China-ready youths such as students from Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), young working professionals and young entrepreneurs.
- Spearhead and assist in developing and implementing programmes and activities for youths. This includes, but is not limited to building, maintaining and expanding partnerships with partners and stakeholders for relevant programmes.
- Provide support and guidance for youth members in organising activities that will contribute to the organisation’s cause.
- Lead content development and conceptualisation of knowledge-rich programmes for youths.
- Assist in the ongoing strategic review and conduct macro environment scan of the China market in Singapore; be responsible for scoping, designing, and delivering outreach sessions on China-readiness to students in Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs).
- Provide support in researching talking points and drafting speeches for senior management to speak at high-profile conferences, interviews, forums and so on.
- Any other tasks, activities or responsibilities assigned by the team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin in written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Degree in Business, Marketing, Chinese Studies, Social Science, International Relations, or other relevant disciplines.
- Good knowledge and interest in China and international relations.
- At least 3-10 years of relevant working experience or at least 2 years of working experience in events management, such as organising conferences, forums and webinars.
- Experience in organising youth development programmes/activities would be advantageous.
- This is an individual contributor role, although you may lead project teams. Being a self-starter is essential.
- Having a passion for youth development programmes/activities would be highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Canva, or other EDM software(s), would be advantageous but not a must.
- Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs are welcome to apply.