The beginning of an insightful and experiential journey into China
The Business China Advanced Leaders Programme is an exclusive apex programme that aims to equip business leaders with an insider's perspective of China's latest development and transformation.
Organised by Business China, the programme is specially designed for a targeted group of key corporate decision-makers who need to be well-versed on the latest developments in China.
Through comprehensively addressing the complex dynamics between social, political, economic, and cultural factors that are fuelling China’s rapid developments, ALP leverages Business China’s network to offer a holistic and immersive learning experience, providing knowledge, culture and connections for participants.
Focusing on a comprehensive 3C approach - Curriculum Rigour, Contact Establishment, and Cultural Insights, the Business China Advanced Leaders Programme prepares individuals and organisations to be China-savvy and China-ready, thereby enhancing their business profiles to advance internationally.
The Business China Advanced Leaders Programme is taught by experts from respectable think tanks and leading universities, as well as business and government leaders from Singapore and China. These distinguished individuals are thought leaders whose teaching, practical experience and valuable insights are well sought after by many.
Be part of the Business China Advanced Leaders for the next leap!
Advanced Leaders Programme 2023
Registration for this year’s Advanced Leaders Programme (ALP) is now open!
Theme: The Chinese & Global Economic Development after China’s Reopening
Academic Course in Singapore (5 days)
Date: 23*, 24, 26, 27 & 30 June 2023
Academic Partner: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore (LKYSPP), (NUS)
* Pre-programme segment for networking with fellow participants.
Immersion Trip to China (10 days)
- Classroom-based learning.
- Gain insights into China’s latest political and economic developments.
- Get tips on business etiquette and negotiation in China.
- Chinese culture appreciation segment.
Date: 27 August 2023 - 5 September 2023
Location: Yangtze River Delta Region
- Delegation led by Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment & Ministry of Manpower, Dr Koh Poh Koon
- Interact with senior Chinese Government officials.
- Visit Chinese companies and learn about the latest industry trends in advanced manufacturing, automotive, sustainability and artificial intelligence.
- Mentorship opportunities.
Visits to the following companies:
Insights Sharing and Key Takeaways (0.5 day)
- Envision Group
- China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park
Date: End September / Early October 2023 (actual date TBC)
- Sharing by participants on programme insights
- Sharing by LKYSPP on key takeaways
- Networking with Business China business leaders and past ALP alumni.
Programme Key Highlights:
1. Experiential Learning Journey
Participants will have the opportunity to visit both key and potential provinces for an in-depth cultural and historical immersion learning journey.
2. Holistic Understanding
Participants will gain comprehensive insights and an overarching understanding of the Chinese economy, politics, business models, culture, and contemporary practices.
3. Exclusive Networking Opportunties
Build your bonds of success by expanding networks with not only fellow course participants but also with established academics, industry leaders, and government officials in both Singapore and China.
4. Explore Viable Partnerships
Participants can ride on the exclusive network of Business China’s close links and ALP alumni to discover new opportunities and partnerships.